Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Counseling is available for issues including:
- COVID related stressors
- Eating Disorders
- Career planning
- Conflict resolution
- Divorce process and recovery
- Domestic violence
- Couples Counseling
- Interpersonal relationships
- Low self-esteem
- Body Image
- Stress Management
- Sexual abuse/assault recovery
- PTSD and Trauma recovery
- Substance Abuse and Recovery
- Postpartum depression
- Caregiver Stress
- Blended Families
- Anger Management
Empower Counseling, PC schedules sessions by appointment only.
Fees and Insurance:
Fees and Insurance:
*Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please call us at (434) 219-5621 or email to inquire about the insurance plans Empower Counseling, PC participates with. A Super Bill will also be provided if the client would like to private pay and perhaps file insurance on their own. Anthem, BCBS, Aetna, Aetna Better Health,Cigna, Optima, Tricare, PCHP, OPTUM/UHC, EAP services and more.
Residents : Our Residents have a temporary license and are completing hours towards residency. All are working towards specializing in eating disorder treatment, in addition to all disorders. (Please see the counselors page to read about their expertise!)
Gwen Seiler, Resident in Counseling, Beth Girts, Resident in Counseling, Kendall Holloway, Resident in Counseling & Lina Ramirez, Resident in Counseling
Fees: $65 Per Session, Cigna Insurance
Trish McCoy Kessler, LPC, CEDS & iaedp Approved Supervisor is certified by the state of Virginia to provide clinical supervision to Residents in Counseling who are seeking licensure. Fee is $70 per hour. She is also certified as an Approved Supervisor with the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (iaedp) to provide supervision to Licensed Clinicians seeking certification as a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist. Fee is $125 per hour for supervision for CEDS certification as of September 1, 2020
Debra Crowder. LPC & Ryan Smith, LPC are certified by the state of Virginia to provide clinical supervision to Residents in Counseling who are seeking licensure.
Fee is $70 per hour.
Debit Cards, HSA cards, Cash or Checks are accepted for payment.
If you miss your scheduled appointment and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay a $50.00 fee. Monday appointments must be canceled by 5:00 on Friday to avoid this fee. A credit card is required to keep on file for missed appointment billing.
Privacy is the utmost importance to my clients. All counseling sessions are confidential. This means that no information is released to individuals outside the counseling session without the client’s consent.
There are certain exceptions to this rule, as permitted by law. Exceptions Include:
- If you pose a threat to harm yourself, to harm another person, the counselor is mandated by law, or permitted by law, to help prevent the potential harm from happening. This may include contacting appropriate officials (police, physicians, psychiatrist).
- If abuse or harmful neglect of children, the elderly, or disabled/incompetent is known or reasonably suspected, the counselor must file a report with the Department of Social Services.
- A court order, issued by a judge, could require the counselor to release information contained in your records, or could require the counselor to testify in court to resolve a legal issue.
- Reports of unprofessional or unethical conduct by another mental health professional must be reported to that professional's licensure board.